Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First time blogger

Hi ladies! Sarah, I've really tried to find this "layouts" thing that you mentioned to add my little bio on the side, but it doesn't seem to be there...or probably, I'm not looking in the right place! I did find this "write a post" link, so I thought I'd dive right in! I have never posted anything but comments on a blog, so you are all going to have to bear with me while I figure this out :)
Anyway, first a quick introduction - my name is Erika and I am Sarah's cousin (well, cousin-in-law, right?) - technically Matt is my cousin :) My husband and I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago and are expecting our first baby in December!! I am about 12 weeks now and am going for my second doctor's appointment tomorrow when we hope to hear the heartbeat! I tried to post a picture of our first ultrasound that we got at my last appointment, but I guess blogger doesn't want me to, so that will have to wait :) So far, my pregnancy has been a breeze (should I say that - or am I just jinxing myself)....I only had about a week that I felt a little off, but nothing major and my pants still fit me! :) We'll see what's in store, though, now that we're heading into the 2nd trimester!
I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say on here and will try to contribute on my end!!! Thanks for organizing this Sarah!! And I swear, we will get down there to see your beautiful Phoebe sooner or later!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Derringer said...

Erika- hi! I'm glad to hear that everything's going so well! Good luck tomorrow at the doctor- hearing the heartbeat is SOOOO COOL!! Ok, about the technical issues- I will add you again as an administrator- I don't know why it would let you add a post but no pic, or why you can't view the layouts tab...Beth? Any ideas here? I have noticed too that there are differences in how things look depending on which browser you use- I have to use Explorer or I can't even access the site. Let me mess around with this, and maybe Beth has some ideas too. Anyhoo- enjoy your appointment and let us know how it goes!!

Sarah Derringer said...

Erika- I gave you administrative privileges...again...I don't know what the deal was, but it wasn't you, and it should be fixed now!! Looking forward to your introduction!!

Anonymous said...

I know it depends on what browser you are using. It should work with the administraive tab.

Good luck Erika at the appointment! We were all so excited when we found out! I can't wait to meet another baby in the family!!!!

Aubree's Mommy said...

Nice to meet you Erika!! My names is Amanda, a.k.a Aubree's Mommy. It seems like just yesterday that I was only in my first trimester, and now I'm 32 weeks and 4 days laying in a hospital bed until this little girl is born. She's completey healthy as can be, it's just her high blood pressure momma who now has sever preeclamsia. So, now that we have a computer in our hosipital room, I'm sure I'll be able to keep everyone updated on how things are going. Once again, nice to meet you!!

Sarah Derringer said...

Erika-hey- I'm glad to see that you got things figured out here!
And Amanda- I'm glad to see you got a computer- looking forward to a post about your progress!! :)
Do you need anything? Magazines, etc.? It's got to be boring there...
:)