Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Welcome!




Hey, gals! Here's our new mommy blog! Just waiting to hear back from you before we start anything interesting...


Sarah :)

13 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi,
I have never done a blog before, but it sounds like a good idea.
Mandy

Sarah Derringer said...

Awesome! Welcome aboard! I am still working out the details, like how to get you all added as authors so that you can make posts with pictures in addition to making comments...learning experience and all that... :)

bigmama2 said...

Count me in!!!

bigmama2 said...

just trying something....

Sarah Derringer said...

Welcome, bigmama2! Glad to have you on board!!

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Sarah Derringer said...

Yay Bethy! Glad to have you! I'll get you gals added as authors and see what we can get going here!

Aubree's Mommy said...

I'm in!! I think one of the first things I need to do is introduce myself! My name is Amanda, and I met Sarah while teaching at IPS a few years ago! This is my first pregnancy, and I have 8 1/2 more weeks before I get to meet my little girl!! I can't wait!! Any good advice from the pros??

Sarah Derringer said...

Welcome, aubree's mommy!! Thanks for introducing yourself to us!

I don't know how familiar you all are with blogging, but I set up a place on the right hand side of the blog screen for a sort of introductory area. I figured each of us could post a picture (doesn't need to be a picture of you- could be any image you want to add to help us get to know you) and a little description of yourself. You should all have access to add not only comments to the blog, but also posts, pictures, video, etc. If you login, you should be able to add your picture and type a little bio sketch for the caption under the tab "Layouts." If you click the tab "Layouts," you will see an outline of how the blog screen is set up. Click the button that says "Add A Page Element," select "Picture," give your entry a title (use your blog name, like momma_sarah), upload your image, and type your bio info. in the caption box. Then just hit publish and it should add your entry right above mine. If you run into trouble, just email me and I will get you going. The whole process I just described shouldn't take more than about 5 minutes. Looking forward to seeing your entries!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you're such the little mommy now! I'm looking forward to learning a lot in the next 7 months as we prepare for our own little peanut, due December 15th!! I'll post something as soon as I figure out how! :)
Thanks!

Sarah Derringer said...

Erika, I can honestly say that being a mommy is the best thing I have ever done!! Every day, I look at Matt and say, "I CAN'T BELIEVE we made that!!" (And right now, at 2:30 a.m., I am thinking, "I CAN'T BELIEVE you finally went to sleep, Sweet Phebes, so I can check my email, master's stuff, and blogs before I dive into bed, only to get up in another few hours to feed you, you little sweetie pie!!" :) I am so excited for you guys- yay! I look forward to seeing your introduction post under "Layouts"- let me know if you have trouble posting it, and I'll help you get it going!

AuntieAm said...

I'm in. Better late than never, right! I am so excited to be a part of this. I hopefully will be joining the mommy club in the near future!!! ;)

Sarah Derringer said...

Amber, is that you? Glad to have you here! Give me a call if you need help posting your introduction under layouts! :)